What's this blog really about?

You may notice a variety of topics here - from business, to charity promotion, even to local news, but the primary reason this blog was created was to alert readers to the hostile atmosphere and sexual harassment at The Danville Register & Bee. The readers and creator of this blog want a FULL FRONT PAGE apology in the Danville Register & Bee, plus the disciplining of those individuals involved. Until then, we'll continue to post regular updates. To tolerate THIS kind of behavior by a major media network is intolerable. And this isn't just ONE instance. Media General has been sued nationwide for racism and sexism, yet they CONTINUE to keep the offenders employed. Why? And why am I doing this? TRUTH compels me.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Died twice?

Thanks readers! Since I don't read the Danville Register & Bee I depend on my readers to update me about what's happening. Several wrote today to say: "Check out the obits in todays paper. All these people died once in
August... now they are dead again."

One of those readers said, "I sent potato salad and fried chicken not knowing Bert was already dead and buried. Now I've upset his widow and I want to know if Steven K. is going to reimburse me for all my unnecessary expense and trouble!"


Well, knowing that Publisher Steve Kaylor LIED to the woman (a supposed friend even - someone he knew AND AN ADVERTISER) about knowing that one of his reporters had filmed her breasts AND shown them around the newsroom....and STILL HAS NOT APOLOGIZED nor fired the reporter involved, I'd say the chances of you getting an apology or reimbursed for your expense and trouble is slim to none. Most likely close to NONE. I'd like to know if readers also got billed twice for the duplicate obits. If you were billed twice, please email me and send me copies of the invoices. I'd be more than happy to post them here! For all of you who sent flowers and food around, blame it on the newspaper. That's what happens when you send your local newspaper out of town (the obits are done in Lynchburg, along with the ads. And I understand some of the editorial is going to India for copyproofing.) As long as advertisers continue to support the newspaper this is the kind of thing you'll continue to see. Quit buying ads and the newspaper will go away and some other publication will step in to fill the void.

In the meantime, remember what Steve and Arnold Hendrix and Media General told you months ago, "CONVERGENCE is GOOD! By consolidating services we'll have a better product." Write me, but write and call the newspaper too! If you need Steve's email again, it's skaylor@registerbee.com.

No comments: