What's this blog really about?

You may notice a variety of topics here - from business, to charity promotion, even to local news, but the primary reason this blog was created was to alert readers to the hostile atmosphere and sexual harassment at The Danville Register & Bee. The readers and creator of this blog want a FULL FRONT PAGE apology in the Danville Register & Bee, plus the disciplining of those individuals involved. Until then, we'll continue to post regular updates. To tolerate THIS kind of behavior by a major media network is intolerable. And this isn't just ONE instance. Media General has been sued nationwide for racism and sexism, yet they CONTINUE to keep the offenders employed. Why? And why am I doing this? TRUTH compels me.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

You've got to love readers....

This appeared in the Danville Register and Bee from a reader, along with a letter blasting the editorial section for writing an editorial that read like it was from the governor himself.:

Rebecca Pruitt tells the paper to:

"Go back to the ‘old look’ of the R&B" - in her letter to the editor she writes:

To the editor:

The Danville Register & Bee needs to return to its “old look.”

Your so-called local news is so scattered over the paper with state and national news that it takes forever to read.

The obituary section is awful, with the small print and bigger pictures you are now using.

I usually read my paper at 6:30 a.m., but now that it is printed in Lynchburg, it doesn’t arrive at my home until 7:30 a.m. when I am leaving for work.

So I read your news at night, after 7 p.m. Maybe you should have a chartered plane to deliver the papers so Danville residents can get their papers like we are used to.

Your editorials always talked about shopping and keeping your money in Danville, but it doesn’t appear that is what your paper is now doing.

Who cares about your color pages when 12 local people lost their jobs over your “new look.”

It appears from reading your paper that you should have kept two people on staff — the person who does the typing and the one who does your proof reading, as I have never seen so many errors.

I can assure you, I for one am certainly not impressed, and I intend to cancel my subscription when it comes up for renewal.

REBECCA PRUITT

Danville

Well Rebecca, That's what happens when a newsroom is focused on sex instead of news and when the managers are incompetent, biased morons who are too busy laughing at videos of women's breasts and seducing their employees to manage. That's what happens when the bottom line is all about making money and not about serving the community. I hope you cancel your subscription. Better yet - tell the advertisers where you shop how you feel about the paper. That's where the real money and the real hurt is. I'm surprised the realtors are still using them...there are cheaper options. If you don't believe it, contact me for details!

No comments: