What's this blog really about?

You may notice a variety of topics here - from business, to charity promotion, even to local news, but the primary reason this blog was created was to alert readers to the hostile atmosphere and sexual harassment at The Danville Register & Bee. The readers and creator of this blog want a FULL FRONT PAGE apology in the Danville Register & Bee, plus the disciplining of those individuals involved. Until then, we'll continue to post regular updates. To tolerate THIS kind of behavior by a major media network is intolerable. And this isn't just ONE instance. Media General has been sued nationwide for racism and sexism, yet they CONTINUE to keep the offenders employed. Why? And why am I doing this? TRUTH compels me.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Keep speaking out

As a sophomore in college back in the 70's one of my professors recognized my writing talent and asked me to help her with a research project - on the safety of aspartame. This was shortly before aspartame hit the market. I did the research, read the reports and concluded - as had many others, that aspartame was poison and not safe. I have steadfastly refused to drink it since then.

Anyway - what I found weren't the results she wanted and she screamed and threatened and told me to change my report. I refused. She threatened to fail me. I went to the dean with my report. I told. I passed. Apparently she found someone to alter the research. Now - years later, I can proudly say enough people have finally spoken up and are continuing to speak out and, well, watch yourself.

CLICK HERE

No comments: