What's this blog really about?

You may notice a variety of topics here - from business, to charity promotion, even to local news, but the primary reason this blog was created was to alert readers to the hostile atmosphere and sexual harassment at The Danville Register & Bee. The readers and creator of this blog want a FULL FRONT PAGE apology in the Danville Register & Bee, plus the disciplining of those individuals involved. Until then, we'll continue to post regular updates. To tolerate THIS kind of behavior by a major media network is intolerable. And this isn't just ONE instance. Media General has been sued nationwide for racism and sexism, yet they CONTINUE to keep the offenders employed. Why? And why am I doing this? TRUTH compels me.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Outrage....

Thank you to the person who took time to comment at great length on this blog and to those of you who have called, emailed, stopped me on the street or in the local stores to tell me you support me. That means a lot!

Yes, I have filed an EEOC complaint. Yes, I have spoken to attorneys. Yes, I am very, very, very angry. Yes, I am seeing a therapist for the PTSD and the anger - both of which are a direct result of the abuse, bullying and sexually hostile atmosphere at The Danville Register & Bee. Yes, I am making sure every attorney in a state where there is a Media General property is aware of this blog in case they ever have a client with a sexual harassment complaint against a Media General property. Yes, I am using my writing ability to speak out for all those women, and men in bad jobs who can't speak out for themselves. Yes, I am speaking out for those at The Danville Register & Bee who are afraid to or who cannot. And finally, No, I am not afraid of being sued for a variety of reasons:

One - because if anyone cares to sue - I can prove all that I have said here, everything being said is about a public figure and/or relates to my job loss and America - at least at the moment, still has a first amendment.

Two, because I have been assured that if it goes to court in such a case that the financial, mental health and job histories of half a dozen people currently at the Register & Bee will become part of the court and public record - something I sincerely doubt they want,

Three, unlike most of those harmed in the past - I have nothing to lose - no job, no assets, no house, no money. Get blood out of a rock if you can.

Four - with the evidence and witnesses I have I am damn sure I'd win.

Five - if sued I will personally and INDIVIDUALLY sue each and every person at The Register & Bee involved in this - meaning THEY, not the newspaper, will have to cough up the attorney's fees themselves.

Six - Once the EEOC does hand me a letter to sue I intend to. You're right. They do need fines and legal action to change their behavior. With the amount of support and willingness from current and past employees who have said they will testify - I think - as much as I hate courts and our court system's long, drawn out attack the victim attitude - I will pursue legal action and ensure the process, or as much as possible, is posted here as well.

No comments: