What's this blog really about?

You may notice a variety of topics here - from business, to charity promotion, even to local news, but the primary reason this blog was created was to alert readers to the hostile atmosphere and sexual harassment at The Danville Register & Bee. The readers and creator of this blog want a FULL FRONT PAGE apology in the Danville Register & Bee, plus the disciplining of those individuals involved. Until then, we'll continue to post regular updates. To tolerate THIS kind of behavior by a major media network is intolerable. And this isn't just ONE instance. Media General has been sued nationwide for racism and sexism, yet they CONTINUE to keep the offenders employed. Why? And why am I doing this? TRUTH compels me.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

At what point honor?

The whistle-blowers I've interviewed over the years tell me taking a stand is a lonely, unpopular thing. Friends distance themselves from you, people tell you you're getting too emotional, they tell me they doubt themselves or feel shame sometimes for daring to confront the powers that be..lotta stuff like that. Maybe that's how they've felt, but for me?

I don't buy it.

Friends have been great. Victims have been grateful. Women's groups are still in shock but I think they'll take action once they pick their jaws off the floor. I'm a child of the 70's. I was in college when Title 9 when into effect. I don't put up with this crap.

I don't do "doormat" anymore.


If this blog offends you, then don't read it. If it makes you angry, then write a letter to the editor - or to me or to Media General (the email addresses are in the column to the left). Standing up for what you believe in is not something to be ashamed of and I'm not. If anyone should be embarrassed or ashamed - it is Media General.

No comments: