What's this blog really about?

You may notice a variety of topics here - from business, to charity promotion, even to local news, but the primary reason this blog was created was to alert readers to the hostile atmosphere and sexual harassment at The Danville Register & Bee. The readers and creator of this blog want a FULL FRONT PAGE apology in the Danville Register & Bee, plus the disciplining of those individuals involved. Until then, we'll continue to post regular updates. To tolerate THIS kind of behavior by a major media network is intolerable. And this isn't just ONE instance. Media General has been sued nationwide for racism and sexism, yet they CONTINUE to keep the offenders employed. Why? And why am I doing this? TRUTH compels me.

Monday, June 30, 2008

This comment from a former Media General employee...

You've gotta love former employees...this comment was just posted to my "Why I'm writing this" post. But I wanted to make sure folks saw it:


"Coscia was a straight up fraud. I don't know what he said to get the job but I know for a fact that he did not have a college degree. He, instead, had a mere technical school degree from some place in Connecticut. I know he was a big University of Conn. fan so I wonder if he tried to make out that he attended that university.

In addition to driving without a license during his entire tenure as sports editor, he also made up quotes, wrote a column from a bar in Florida, and on one occasion went to a college basketball game under the guise of reporting and did not write a story. Supposedly he was finally yanked after running up the corporate card but he should have been fired after the DUIs and for general incompetence.

I complained in my exit interview that the relationship between Arnold and Coscia was toxic to the newsroom and sports staff morale but, of course, that fell on deaf ears.

I don't know why Arnold protected that guy because Coscia was such a sneaky worm.

Arnold probably did not stand up against the breast incident because Arnold loves big breasts. Case in point, he hired this reporter years ago who had no business writing and could barely string a sentence together BUT she had huge breasts. Arnold loved her. On multiple occasions, this reporter plagarized whole sections of Web sites. Arnold was told about this and nothing happened.

By the way, I can't believe Ann Austin is the HR person. Wow, she moved up from paycheck distributor to HR. That place really is doomed."

No comments: