What's this blog really about?

You may notice a variety of topics here - from business, to charity promotion, even to local news, but the primary reason this blog was created was to alert readers to the hostile atmosphere and sexual harassment at The Danville Register & Bee. The readers and creator of this blog want a FULL FRONT PAGE apology in the Danville Register & Bee, plus the disciplining of those individuals involved. Until then, we'll continue to post regular updates. To tolerate THIS kind of behavior by a major media network is intolerable. And this isn't just ONE instance. Media General has been sued nationwide for racism and sexism, yet they CONTINUE to keep the offenders employed. Why? And why am I doing this? TRUTH compels me.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Free speech - HOW CAN YOU SAY ALL THIS!!!

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." - John Adams [1772].


People in general don't know what free speech looks like, or sounds like. We're so used to people simply telling us, "You can't say that," or "You can't do that," that we believe them. Many people believe that being "politically correct" or PC speech is the law. It's NOT.

I am posting memos and emails, so people have the facts - easily retrievable by anyone with access to a Register & Bee server..like Media General, or by reading my email posting. But the point of this post is - do you understand what FREE SPEECH is? What does it look like? How can I say these things?

So those of you who have asked I'm posting a link to Bloggers Rights: There are many such sites on the internet. I like this one.

What I am writing/blogging are matters of FACT. They are matters of FACT about public figures - those employed by The Danville Register & Bee - and whose actions and behavior impact and influence the public in potentially negative ways - like filming women's breasts and denying such actions took place.

Well - there are the emails to prove that!!! Public figures must show malice. Well - I'm trying to protect the public by alerting them to the standards of business I know to be FACT at The Danville Register & Bee. Those who work there, have worked there and who know the situation have read this blog and agreed that it's all factual. When Sports Editor Drew Wilson asked for clarification that it was not HE who had the citations I was happy to clarify that. He was concerned about his reputation - my thinking and my opinion is - people who know him would know he wasn't the person referred to in the blog and two, working at the Register & Bee does greater harm to your reputation than someone mistaking you for the sports editor in question.

When I write about the FACTS of how a non-professional relationship between a supervisor and a co-worker violated what many believe to be sexual harassment and discrimination laws - I'm blowing the whistle on sexual harassment and a hostile workplace.
Please understand - I'm not alone in protesting what's going on down there. I'm just the only one willing to put my name to it because I believe in being upfront and out there to the person I'm speaking to - unlike the gossips, bullies and slanderers at the newspaper. Take it to court and expect to have people you weren't expecting testify.

So - they can retaliate again if they like - but I can back it up. And I will.

No comments: