What's this blog really about?

You may notice a variety of topics here - from business, to charity promotion, even to local news, but the primary reason this blog was created was to alert readers to the hostile atmosphere and sexual harassment at The Danville Register & Bee. The readers and creator of this blog want a FULL FRONT PAGE apology in the Danville Register & Bee, plus the disciplining of those individuals involved. Until then, we'll continue to post regular updates. To tolerate THIS kind of behavior by a major media network is intolerable. And this isn't just ONE instance. Media General has been sued nationwide for racism and sexism, yet they CONTINUE to keep the offenders employed. Why? And why am I doing this? TRUTH compels me.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Basic blogs...

Blogs are a journal or "log" of events one keeps while online. For those of you who haven't read one before the post at the top of the page is the most current posting or entry. If you scroll down to the bottom or look in the column to the right you'll see the past entries. The post I think most of you are looking for is entitled "Were you filmed?" and it refers to reporter Mac McLean filming local businesswomen's breasts without their knowledge or consent and then showing the videos to the newsroom in a loud, inappropriate manner and the men, including the managers - who came over to look at the video and laugh. [Yeah - what if it was you? Or your wife? Funny then??]

Were you filmed is the original post. You can scroll to the bottom of this page or check the archives if you can't find it. I ask the question because there were two videos that I am personally aware of. One was posted online that I know of and the other was ???? I don't know. Steve Kaylor went in search of it when I complained initially, but nothing was ever done or said about it and he later denied having any knowledge of the event. I guess he forgot about our emails about it. I've posted them as well.

There may or may not have been other women filmed. I would say there were since the first two seemed to make Mac so happy. Any time a grown man yells "I can see her nipples" in a crowded workplace where both men and women are you have to wonder about his mental and emotional maturity and whether or not he actually listened to those sexual harassment videos. I doubt it.

The two men I attended with used foul language and curse words throughout the video, making it clear they had no respect for a hostile free environment. (Didn't you realize that was taped?) but only when the female HR person, Bonne Mahler was in the room. Apparently they never thought I'd blog about them saying C*** and B****.

R.J. Beatty - star of this year's public benefit spelling bee - I'm sure many of you will remember him from his frequent and loud use of the "F" word, is no longer there. The other reporter redeemed himself enough over the months that he may have just suffered under R.J.'s influence. Who knows...anyway. As I once told Steve Kaylor. I won't put it up for public consumption until I can prove it. I can prove it.

And yet - Media General keeps them all on...why??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just curious about the proof you mention when making such 'slanderous and libelous comments' about RJ. You were fired. He was not. Is VA not an employee-at-will state? I know NC is. You didn't do your job. Period.